A Warm Welcome

First Day in Faculty of Fisheries and Marinei UniA

I couldn't sleep well because of the time differences i guess or i slept too much during the day but i woke up at 8:00 am.. Of course I was excited to visit faculty where i will work for next three weeks. 
After having a breakfast in the hotel, the car service of the hotel brought me to University.
There Ms Hanny welcomed me and took me to Dean office. 

On the way of Dean office when we entered to faculty building I saw my name with a welcome message on a screen above to elevator. Then I released they have put this welcome message every TV screen in the faculty. I was surprised and honored of course. Thank you for the warm welcome to the faculty members.


They have organised a meeting to introduce me to head of three departments and vice Deans. First Prof. Mirni who is the Dean of faculty thanked to me to visit their faculty. She explained some information about the faculty and its departments.









Then I have introduced myself, what I have been studying, my research interest, projects, of course my Turkey and my University and faculty. I gave them some details. I also explained them how I got this EURASTIP exchange program.. We had talked about the networking and also ASIA-FEN duties. Their collaboration with ASIA-FEN etc.



After the meeting, Dr. Laksmi who is the academic responsible from me, took me to introduce faculty facilities. They gave me a card for elevator use and also they organised an office for me with a coffee machine, water, coffee, table and chairs etc. I am getting more excited.








Dr. Laksmi took me to wet lab as well and also some other laboratories where we can do our research analysis. 

Head of International Relation Office, Prof. Wahju and Dean Prof. Mirni together with Lecturer Muhamad we went to lunch to eat Soto Ayam (Chicken Soup), the traditional Indonesian soup. 


Then the driver took me to exchange some money (I'm a millioner now :) and I finnaly bought a data cable to charge my phone... Yaaaaayy! All good ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conference

Feeding Europe: Shrimp Harvest

Preperation to Trip - II