A Long Journey

*To read first part of article go below please

Doha-Jakarta-Surabaya (Third Part)



Yes, This was the longest leg of my journey... It means 9 and 30 minutes in an aircraft... But thanks to Qatar Airways, it made this journey comfortable for me... I watched a movie "American Animals" which was about the mistake of some young people. 


They served two meals and i liked it :-) Had a nice sleep as well...
It was 4 hours time differences from my country so I was landed Jakarta at 15:30
There was no that much time to visit Jakarta city because my last leg of journey would be at 18:40.


So I took sky train to change terminal and waited my flight. Unfortunately  my phone was death so i was not able to take photo from the airport... 



And finally I arrived Surabaya airport and meet Ms Hanny from International Relationship Office and Lecturer Mr Muhamad. They were waiting for me at the exit of airport with a sign written my name on it :-)



Then we went for a dinner. It was an traditional Indonesian Restaurant... Thanks to them for their helpful... Then I checked in a Hotel where I would stay for net 3 weeks. 



Doha (Second Part) 
Yes! I'm a looser :(

Well, things happens sometimes... My Wife's (one of the) biggest problem is that I'm losing everything every time everywhere... Yes I'm a looser... Now, I left my data cable of phone (it is also a charger cable you know) in Qatar Airways cabin :D

The journey was quite nice... Watched I movie, had a nice dinner with a can of beer...

My knee is OK (for more information you need to read first part of trip below) and I'm getting more excited about my trip...
Just get an email about the workshop where I was invited as a keynote speaker in Surabaya (an extra duty)  They are expected me to talk how marine Biotechnology is applied to community development... I guess I will talk about EU projects, their partnerships and their effects on community development by their deliverable (AquaExcell, Diversify, Aquatnet and of course EURASTIP)... Need to prepare my talk as soon as I arrive Surabaya...




My next flight (third leg of my journey) is at 2:10 am (Sept,30th) and it is going to be my longest flight (9 hours). I need some resting... πŸ˜‰ I found a very nice resting room in Doha Airport, just next to cozy smoking room :) what else a Turkish traveler needs? 😁 Hmmm maybe a coffee and a data cable 😏

Now I go to find coffee and data cable in this huge airport... Will write the third part when I arrive Jakarta tomorrow 15:30 local time.



Here are some nice photo from Doha Airport














Antalya-Δ°stanbul (First part) 
I have booked my flights in July because EURASTIP gives first part of bursary after you book your travel. But it was difficult to find shortcut when you go a city in far east countries. You need lot of flight legs...
My journey has 4 legs. Starts from Antalya early morning and arrive Istanbul, then fly yo Doha (Qatar). From Doha, I will fly to Jakarta and hopefully tomorrow (Sunday) evening I will land Surabaya where I do my duties...
"Take care your knee Turker"
Unfortunately, I had a meniscus tear this week happened on my left knee. Doctor asked me to postpone my trip. I said no way :) Such a man of duty ;)
I got some pills and other medicine and trying to sit not that much walk and will take care of my knee...  Because of this unexpected health issue, my lovely wife helped me to collect my luggage...
We all woke up early in the morning 6.30am.
To airport, Antalya
My son (16 mo) , wife and me drive all together to Antalya airport... A short farewell ceremony they left me alone.. I'm sure I will miss both of them a lot...


In the airport, Istanbul
I landed Istanbul and my mom came to airport to see me in between my next flight... :) She is a lovely mom who brought me cookies she cooked..  We had breakfast together and talked about my trip, my job, her health, family stories etc... Didn't tell her my knee (shhhhhh) .. πŸ˜‰


Next stop is Doha and I will write you from there... For now that's all... πŸ˜‰

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conference

Feeding Europe: Shrimp Harvest

Preperation to Trip - II