Preperation to Trip - II

Unfortunately, not all the place in the earth fits our own health system. Living in an continent and traveling to another might cause serious health issue. Therefore I strongly suggest you to find out the health situation at your destination, especially if you traveling to South East of the Earth...

I have read some information but to be sure i called Antalya office of Directorate General of Health for Border and Coastal Areas and asked how should i be prepared before i visit Indonesia. I knew there are some countries where you need to do some vaccine and get prepared beforehand of your travel. The answer of the doctor "come and visit us" Even though there are no serious warning for the country i will visit, still always good to double check, at least that's how i do :-)

When i arrived to the doctor's office, after couple of question about my planned travel (where, when, how many days etc), he checked their intranet system and get more information especially for Indonesia. He could not find where the Surabaya is which was weird but then with my help we found it on the map and checked the region. Because there are several region in this country where travelers need to get some vaccine, in addition to some medicine.

He was not sure if I should get Malaria pills or not but he suggested me to have one pill every week. Doctor gave me 8 pills and explained that i should start one week before my travel and finish after 4 week my trip finished. Pfffff :-/

Surabaya is second biggest city in Indonesia and I am not going to visit jungles but still a question. So, I guess i will get them... After some other information and recommendation (drink, bottle water, do not eat raw food etc) Doctor gave me some flyers for more information... These flyers and pills were free of charge and supported by Ministry of Health...

So, I strongly suggest travelers to South East Asian countries to find out more about Infectious Diseases, Medicines, Vaccinations, Medical Care Service in the region they plan to visit...

On the other hand I also started to plan my luggage stuffing :-) I wrote in my mind what should bring with me there. It is going to be 3 weeks (kind of long trip for me) and i know i will miss my baby boy too much :-/ Should i bring one of his shirts or a pair of his stinky socks :-D

Keep follow  me ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conference

Feeding Europe: Shrimp Harvest